There are many things to consider when you are remodeling your basement. The flooring is extremely important and will help define the overall look of your basement. Depending on what you are looking to achieve, different types of flooring can be used in numerous ways. We explore some of the most common options for your new basement flooring below:
- Hardwood: Hardwood might seem like a solid choice, however they oftentimes will soak up moisture. This can easily lead to mold growth and rot.
- Carpet: Carpet is a fine choice as long as they are made from 100% inorganic fibers. Carpet can soak up water, which will lead to mold growth, if the proper care is not taken at the time of installation.
- Ceramic: Ceramic tiles are a great choice for basement flooring, however it can be quite expensive.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is relatively inexpensive to install. You face the same issues with mold growth however if the proper care is not taken during the installation problem.
- Concrete: Stained concrete is a very versatile solution. Aside from the somewhat long curing processes, it is a great solution that will be resistant to mold growth.
There are many solutions that will work for effective basement flooring. As long as the proper precautions are taken and the installation is completed correctly, all of the above solutions make a great fit for a basement. Contact us today to learn more!